Dr Prem Rathore
MBBS, MS, DNB, MRCS, FRACS
Robotic and Urological surgeon
Dr Prem Rathore is a consultant Urological Surgeon, specialising in Robotic surgery. Dr Rathore completed his Masters (MS) and Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in General Surgery after his Medical Degree and obtained his Postgraduate Diploma in Surgery (MRCS) from the Royal College of Edinburgh (UK). Dr Rathore underwent Specialist Urology training in Australia (NSW) and completed a Fellowship year in Urological Robotic Surgery at the Nepean Hospital. The fellowship year included advanced training in Minimally Invasive Surgery (Laparoscopic) in addition to Robotic Surgery. Furthermore, Dr Rathore also undertook a Robotic Apprentice Program in Los Angeles, USA.
Dr Rathore is a senior conjoint lecturer at University of Western Sydney (UWS) and is responsible for the training of medical students in the surgery department.
Dr Rathore is well known for his approachability and patient focussed care. He embraces the power of information and communication to support his patients and endeavours to provide the best available information, whilst respecting their individual values and preferences. Dr Rathore ’s compassion, combined with his commitment to providing the highest level of care, ensures the best outcome and experience for each of his patients.
Dr Rathore’s special interests include:
- Robotic and Laparoscopic surgery of cancers of the kidney, prostate, bladder and testis
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy and Pyeloplasty
- Robotic Radical Cystectomy
- Renal stones
- BPH and Urinary problem management (utilising new techniques such as Urolift, Rezum (Steam Therapy) and Laser TURP)
- Mens Health – Penile implant, Vasectomy, Circumcision
- Management of overactive Bladder, Recurrent UTI